Scholarships and Financial Aid
The purpose of the Financial Assistance is to help any eligible student who is fully enrolled for an academic program at Sharq institute of Higher Education and has a particular financial need. Based on the nature of the students’ needs, some groups of students might be given precedence on the allocation of the funding.
Vice chancellor for Administrative affairs will offer financial assistance to eligible students who meet the criteria as per Sharq Institute of Higher Education scholarships and financial Assistance policy. We provide financial Assistance in the form of scholarships, financial assistance, merit base scholarship and Management/Academic Trainee program
- Sharq institute of Higher Education will offers merit base scholarship to the meritorious students based on their academic achievements. The students who stood first in the Term in each discipline will be awarded 20% scholarship of the tuition fee.
- Sharq institute of Higher Education will provide the need base scholarship to the needy and poor students of the institute, who are not the permanent residence of the Kabul city. The needy students will bring letter from their provincial government (Shura Valayati), the provincial government office (Shura Valayati), will verify the poverty level of the students and then the Scholarship and financial assistance committee will review the letter and application form and will offer scholarship to the students by the name of Hostel expenses in his tuition fee. The students who receive the scholarship are required to score 80% marks in each semester, if he were not able to score 80% automatically he will lose the scholarship assistance.
- Sharq institute also provide Scholarship to female students by the name of transportation cost. The needy female students of the institute will submit their application form Scholarship and financial assistance Committee will review the application and will allow 500 Afs per month to female student of the institute in their tuition fee. The students who receive the scholarship are required to score 80% marks in each semester, if she were not able to score 80% automatically she will lose the scholarship assistance.
- In year 2017 the institute Scholarship and financial assistance committee offered tuition fee scholarship to 50 students of the (BDM) Bachelor of Disaster Management for the whole four year program, which is equal to 3600000 Afs.
- In year 2018 the institute Scholarship and financial assistance committee offered tuition fee scholarship to 25 students of the (BDM) Bachelor of Disaster Management for the whole four year program, which is equal to 800000 Afs.
- Sharq Institute of Higher Education will also offer the free English Diploma, where more than 100 students of first and second semester will get benefits. In year 2018 a total number of 30 students were admitted to the diploma program. The total amount of cost of Sharq Institute of Higher Education for the diploma program is 300000AFS.
Scholarship success story:
I Muhammad Fahim in the spring of 2014 I Joined Sharq institute of higher Education, with the goal to take the Bachelor degree in the field of Bachelor of Business Administration. Sharq institute of higher education became my second home; I was surrounded by brilliant lecturers, new friends and a helpful staff.
However my family economic condition were poor, tuition fee payment were a challenge for me, I started hard work, being a night session students, I always scored high and became the top students of the institute, institute offered me the merit base scholarship that were 20% of the tuition fee. So I pushed my academic ability to their limit and I graduated with 94 % marks form Sharq institute of higher education. My success is because of my hard work and merit base scholarship that I received from the institute, today with the bless of Allah Almighty I graduated from Sharq institute of higher education and I achieved my ultimate goals. Currently I am working with CoAR.
Muhammad Fahim, Scholarship recipient, BBA, Term D, evening session, 2017